Some things you should know first:
1) There is no registration, so all you need to do is log
2) It takes a few moments for the chat entry to open, so
if you are still seeing a grey box below, be patient, as it should open in
the next few moments. HOWEVER...
You may need to install Java™ Support to use this live
chat. Java™ Applets are the most powerful extension to web technology, and
no browser is really complete without Java Support. Download a free copy of
the Sun Java Virtual Machine
3) When in an active chat, once that chat is over ALL the
info is GONE. It doesn't stay there like on the ELC Forums. So if you find
something interesting that you would like to read again later, best to cut
and paste and save!
4) Once you are in, how to use the chat window:
a) Type your message in the text
window and hit "send".
b) you can use smilies and sounds
along with your message by clicking their icons below
c) Check out the "help"
5) to schedule a Chat Room session, go to the
Announcements & Chat Room Scheduling Forum -
read this sticky